Digital Media - Communication Concentration
A degree in Digital Media from Simpson University offers an exciting opportunity to design and create in a faith-based environment. Through lectures and laboratory work, students will work toward mastery in the principles of graphic design, photography, video, animation, digital video, communication, and more. Much of a digital media major's time is spent on completing projects, with the intent of developing real-world, relevant career skills. Students will also have opportunities to participate in a wide variety of internship programs, which will further develop these skills.
Students who pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree in Digital Media at Simpson University learn to integrate their faith into their creative process and many of their projects. While gaining a faith-based, academic and technical education, our students also learn to create as Christian professionals equipped to impact and serve the world around them.
In the Digital Media program at Simpson University, you will:
- Have opportunities to create engaging media with the latest tools and methodologies
- Work with others to solve problems by utilizing integrated, creative processes
- Learn how to utilize social media platforms, graphics, web resources, and media production in communicating effectively to business customers and the community at large
- Combine faith, art, technology, culture and business to create work that is relevant and meaningful
- Develop a portfolio that includes creative solutions in a broad range of digital mediums
Assistant Professor of Communications
Why earn your degree in Communication/Digital Media at Simpson University?
- One-on-one Attention. Because of our small class sizes, our professors can be intentional and give students the attention they need to equip them to grow their skills and develop projects that are engaging, meaningful and relevant. We have an Apple labs with Adobe Creative Cloud access available to Digital Media students along with digital cameras and other high-quality multimedia equipment.
- Experiential Learning and Internships. Much of the work students do will be project-based and therefore, require students to utilize new their new skills and knowledge. This may include real-world projects for both departments on campus and area businesses. Assistance in finding digital design internships will also be available for students within this major.
There are several careers available for Digital Media majors. These include:
- Graphic Designers
- Film/Video Editors
- Multimedia Artists and Producers
- Web Designers
- Art Directors
- Marketing and Digital Designers
- Film and Video Editors
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Social Media Manager