All mailed (by USPS) transcripts will be printed as official transcripts and sent in a sealed envelope which must remain sealed and only opened by the recipient in order to be considered official. An official transcript, if being mailed to or picked up by you, should remain sealed in the envelope in which it comes if it will be going to a third party. If you open your official transcript envelope, the transcript is no longer considered official.
The cost for unofficial and official transcripts alike is $20.00 per copy for standard processing, so we will always send official transcripts if they are being sent via USPS mail. Emailed transcripts are not considered official. All requests for emailed transcripts will be charged the regular $20.00 fee but will be processed as unofficial transcripts.
A free, unofficial copy of your transcript is available through Colleague Self-Service Student Planning. You can access Student Planning via the SU Portal. Please follow these steps to access an unofficial copy of your transcript:
- Go to portal.simpsonu.edu and login with your student username and password. If you cannot remember what your password is, you can reset it at account.simpsonu.edu by clicking on "Reset Password". For this, you will need your Student ID number. Please contact IT at (530)226-4940 if you do not know what your Student ID number is.
- After you have logged in, click on the CSS Student Planning icon on your Portal homepage. If the "Apps" bar is not on your portal homepage, click on the "Resources" tab at the top of the page. Then, click on "...for Students".
- On the Resources page, under the Apps list, click "Colleage Self-Service Student Planning" (not to be confused with the video tutorials link that has a very similar name).
- In Student Planning, click on the graduation cap icon on the side menu to the left of the page. It should read "Academics".
- Lastly, click on Student Planning, and then "Unofficial Transcripts" at the bottom of that submenu.
If you need help logging into the SU Portal, you can contact IT at (530)226-4940.