Parent Financial Aid Information

A few important tips may be of assistance:

  • Work with your son/daughter to ensure that all documents are completed in an timely manner
  • Fill out all forms completely and accurately
  • Keep copies of everything
  • Respond quickly to all requests for additional information

Filing the FAFSA

If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA. You can file the application online at The FSA ID - a username and password - has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log into certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to

How to Fill Out FAFSA

How to File Your FAFSA VideoPlay Button

Calculate Your Investment

If you are a new, undergraduate student, entering as a freshman or transferring in from another college / university, this calculator is meant for you! It is a tool designed to help you estimate your potential costs and financial aid at Simpson University. Please click on the Net Price Calculator button to begin.


After the FAFSA has been completed, Simpson University may request a copy of your federal tax transcript, W2s, and other supporting documents. If any additional documents are requested, or other supporting documentation, are requested, they are needed to complete the federal verification process as required by the Department of Education. Your son or daughter will not be able to receive any federal financial aid until this process is completed. If a student's document file is not complete by semester deadlines listed on, institutional financial aid may be cancelled. If a student is selected for verification, they will receive an email from Simpson University requesting them to log into the Student Financial Services Eligibility Center and submit all the requested documents to confirm the accuracy of data provided by the applicant on the FAFSA. Please Note: until the verification process has been completed, any financial aid award given is an estimate only. Submit documentation as early as possible in order to receive a finalized award.

Privacy Release Form

While our staff is committed to being as helpful and forthcoming as possible in response to a parent's questions, there are federal laws that protect students' information from all third party inquires, including families'. The University is governed by a federal regulation know as FERPA, or the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. FERPA prohibits the disclosure of financial records to anyone other than as provided by law or by the written consent of the student. Also, Student Financial Services is governed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. This regulates the disclosure of non-public personal information held by financial institutions. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has ruled that colleges and universities that offer education loans are subject to the provisions of this act.

If you would like to discuss your son or daughter's student account with an Admissions Counselor or a Student Financial Services Representative, or if you want to receive copies of account statements, please ensure that your student has completed the Privacy Release Form on the Pre-Reg Forms page via the student Portal. Your student will need to list your name(s) on the form and supply you with a Pass Phrase that you will need to know when contacting Simpson University to discuss private information.

Important Dates

Payment Deadlines

Fall Semester

August 15

Spring Semester

December 15

Summer Semester

April 15

Student Loans

If you would like to apply for the Parent PLUS loan you can begin the process from our Parent PLUS Loan page. Remember, if a parent applies for the PLUS loan and is denied, the student may become eligible for additional unsubsidized Stafford loan funds.

1098T Informational Video

1098T Informational Video Play Button


Parents of incoming students – contact an admissions counselor at 888-9-SIMPSON or

Parents of continuing students – contact a student financial services counselor at (530) 226-4621 or